Networker

Re: [Networker] jukebox unload error

2004-09-17 22:06:32
Subject: Re: [Networker] jukebox unload error
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 22:07:21 -0400
On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, Srinivas Rao wrote:

>Sep 17 17:20:17 ingbtcpic1ms013.code1.emi.philips.com: NetWorker media:
>(info) unload retry for jukebox `MSL1' failed - time limit exceeded:
>aborting.
>
>Networker614 Server is running on Windows2000 box with 2 HP/Compaq MSL5000
>libraries with 2 SDLT 110/220 drives in each. Autoclean has been set for
>every 2 weeks. Can anyone tell me why this error occurs and how to resolve
>this.

I have never used those libraries, but you should check the documentation
for your libraries to make sure it does not have an auto cleaning function
that's enabled. It might be that your library and Legato software are
conflicting with regard to cleaning configuration.

Oddly enough, I just went through this excercise today with a different
tape library that I have only been using for a month. When I turned off
NetWorker's auto cleaning feature and then manually loaded a cleaning tape
into the appropriate tape drive, let it clean, then manually unloaded the
cleaning tape, things worked fine afterwards.