Networker

Re: [Networker] Identify writeable volume.

2004-06-21 18:20:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] Identify writeable volume.
From: Tim Mooney <mooney AT DOGBERT.CC.NDSU.NODAK DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 17:20:09 -0500
In regard to: Re: [Networker] Identify writeable volume., Darren Dunham...:

this work perfect.

Also on side note, some of volumes after labelling are labeled manual and some
are not.
How can I force one or the other.

Hmm.  I'm not sure why they would be 'manual' after relabeling.
Perhaps they're retaining the old setting?

We've seen that annoyance for a long time, and I'm pretty sure it's what
LGTpa26530 (from the 6.1.4 UNIX fixed bugs list PDF) is talking about.

What's the label process?  Is it automatic or manual?  If manual, how
are you doing it?  The label process can specify manual or automatic
recyclability (but most just leave the default of automatic).

For us it's pretty reproduceable:

- fire up the X `networker' GUI.
- click the "Label" button
- in the "Jukebox Labeling" dialog, fill in an appropriate slot range,
  pick a pool, and make sure the "Manual Recycle" button is checked.
- label that volume.

- cancel (so the dialog closes)
  probably still checked when the dialog comes up).  Label another volume.
  This one will also show up as "manual" after it's labelled.

- cancel (so the dialog closes)
  *unchecked* at this point, when the dialog comes up).  Label another
  volume.  Still "manual".

Occassionally if I check and uncheck the "Manual Recycle" checkbox I've
been able to get it to not be stuck in "manual" mode, but for the most
part I just use nsrmm to make it "notmanual".

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              mooney AT dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak DOT edu