Networker

Re: [Networker] Identify writeable volume.

2004-06-21 18:31:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] Identify writeable volume.
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:30:53 -0700
> Darren :
>
> Another q,
>
> How do I identify the oldest tape in a pool.  I am ineterested in
> finding a tape with failed saveset or oldest saveset.

mminfo is great at finding sets.  I don't think it finds a single item
so well.  Best to just sort the results and pick the one off the top or
bottom.

"oldest"?  I can think of several different meanings that phrase could
have..

* Volume with the oldest label date
mminfo -o t -q 'pool=<pool>' -r 'volume,labeled'

* Volume with the oldest saveset
mminfo -o t -q 'pool=<pool> -r 'volume,savetime'

* Volume whose last write was the longest ago
mminfo -o t -q 'pool=<pool> -r 'volume,volaccess'

Check out all the attributes in 'mminfo' for the different items you can
query and print...