Networker

[Networker] RPC Error: Unable to send / receive

2004-04-28 10:54:39
Subject: [Networker] RPC Error: Unable to send / receive
From: "Fowler, Carter" <CFowler AT LONDON DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 10:54:27 -0400
Good morning all.

Server: Win2K on a Compaq Proliant ML370 G2
Software: NW 6.1.3
Network: Cisco 4507 - port 1000 copper-based - NIC is an NC7771

Client: Win2K on a Compaq EVO D51S
Software: NW 7.1
Network: Intel Pro 100 - forced to 100 / full connecting to a Cisco
2924, port forced to 100 / full.

     The above configuration is typical to our current operating
environment and is successful.

For some reason, I can't resolve an RPC error (both send and receive)
that I'm receiving on a workstation I use to monitor operations on the
backup server.  I realize that 9/10 RPC errors can be resolved by
forcing the communications at either end to the same speed & duplex.
I've tried moving the network connection to three different ports on
three different switches.  The results are the same.

Does anyone have any suggestions outside of the network that I can
check?  I can run things like mminfo but not nsrlic.  I should be able
to run both remotely.  We do this on a number of other machines
successfully.  Obviously there is something different with this
particular machine but I'm not sure what else to check.  All NW services
on the backup server have been restarted as well.

The error message:

C:\Program Files\Legato\nsr\bin>nsrlic -s servername
connecting to servername ...
nsrlic: RPC error: Unable to receive
nsrlic: cannot build the license summary table

TIA!

Carter Fowler
Hardware Services Technician
Technology Services Division