Networker

[Networker] LTO-2 with latest firmware gets jbconfig errors.

2004-04-14 13:24:31
Subject: [Networker] LTO-2 with latest firmware gets jbconfig errors.
From: "McDougal, Philip H" <PMcDougal AT JENNER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 12:24:18 -0500
Hello,

I'm having issues with jbconfig and the upgraded firmware on my scsi
drives.

Here's the history....And sorry the story is so long...

I just updated the firmware to 42D1 on my LTO-2 drives.  I was getting
tape driver issues as soon as the library and server rebooted.  I
upgraded drivers from IBM and everything looked fine.  I then tried to
inventory the tapes using Legato and it gave Input/Output errors.  I ran
"inquire" and it saw the drives with the latest firmware.  Being
Windows, I rebooted it for measure.  It came up fine, "inquire"
displayed all drives and robot.  I then noticed that Legato (within the
Device GUI) saw the drives as the old firmware.  I tried to "jbedit" to
delete and add the drives again but error messages prevented me from
editing anything.  So I deleted the changer and wanted to re-add it via
"jbconfig".  Now I'm getting a "Jukebox error: scsi command MODE_SENSE
failed".  Inquire still shows all drives properly.  I reverted back to
original Tape drivers and it still fails to add the library.

Has anyone else had issues with this firmware on LTO-2s?  Anyone seen
this error in jbconfig?

Nothing has changed but the tape firmware.
Server OS=2000 sp4
Legato ver.=7.1
Library=ADIC i2000 with 6 LTO-2 drives.

Any  help would be appreciated.  Thanks.
Phil M.