Networker

Re: [Networker] Schedule configuration?

2004-02-18 12:07:55
Subject: Re: [Networker] Schedule configuration?
From: Joseph Ortiz <jortiz AT HOUSTON.RR DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:07:46 -0600
Robert,

If I understand your question correctly, yes you can.  You can leave each
client set for a specific "default" schedule and then override that with the
group definition.  You can set the group to run a completely different schedule
for the backups as well as dictating the time the group runs the backups.
You'll need to set your NetWorker GUI options to display hidden fields (if
you're on Windows) or use the Detail option in the Unix NetWorker GUI, so that
you can select a different backup schedule for the group definition to use.
Whatever backup level or backup schedule definition you select in the group
definition, will override the local client schedule.

Joseph Ortiz
DSMCS, Inc.