Networker

Re: [Networker] Upgrade Networker 5.5/NT4 -> Networker 7/W2k

2003-09-10 05:07:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] Upgrade Networker 5.5/NT4 -> Networker 7/W2k
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 08:05:14 +0100
Wolfram Wadepohl wrote:

has anyone successfully upgraded a Networker 5.5 based on NT4 Server to
Networker 7.0 based on W2k.

IMHO i first have to upgrade to Networker 6 and then to Networker 7. But
when to upgrade NT4 to W2k, or better a fresh installation of W2k but
how to save the indexes from networker?

Yes you do have to go via 6.x, since AFAIK NetWorker 7 doesn't have the
conversion routines that convert 5.x indexes and media database.

I would tend to get the OS up to scratch first, either on the same box
or a new install. If this is a NetWorker server, then certain options
are closed, for example you can't go all the way up to NetWorker 7 while
still running NT4, because NetWorker 7 server won't install on NT4, it's
only supported as a client. However you can't run 5.5 on W2K either.

I would suggest upgrading to NW6 on your current server, then upgrade
the OS (or move the server) before going to 7.0.