Networker

[Networker] Netapp NDMP backups with NW7.0 on AIX5.2

2003-06-30 08:17:04
Subject: [Networker] Netapp NDMP backups with NW7.0 on AIX5.2
From: Itzik Meirson <imeirson AT MBI.CO DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 15:16:00 +0200
I have configured my new AIX5.2 NW7.0 server to NDMP backup the Netapp
filer.
>From the savegrp log it seems that the NDMP backup is written to tape,
however the saveset fails as it seems there is an error during the index
generation at the end of backup.
The very cryptic error message is:
* netapp:/vol/volo/etc NDMP Service Log: DUMP: 181824 KB
* netapp:/vol/volo/etc
* netapp:/vol/volo/etc NDMP Service Log: DUMP: DUMP IS DONE
* netapp:/vol/volo/etc
* netapp:/vol/volO/etc NDMP Service Log: DUMP: Deleting
"/vol/volo/../snapshot_for_backup.7" snapshot.
* netapp:/vol/volo/etc
* netapp:/vol/volO/etc NDMP Service Log: MoveletOutput: connection
closed
* netapp:/vol/volO/etc
* netapp:/vol/volO/etc ------       ERROR          ------
* netapp:/vol/volo/etc Malloc request for 15 bytes failed. Program is
aborted.
* netapp:/vol/volo/etc

If I mark "Store index entries: no" on the NDMP pool the backup properly
finishes but no indexes get generated.

I would appreciate any help with this issue.
Itzik

If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or
the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any one or make copies.

MBI - System Team