Networker

[Networker] HI 1st posting

2003-05-29 14:38:51
Subject: [Networker] HI 1st posting
From: "Coty, Edward" <Edward.Coty AT AIG DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 14:28:24 -0400
Running Networker server on sun 6800. Release 6.1.3. I have Unix clients
running Solaris 8 with Sun Cluster 3.0. With earlier releases of Sun
Clustering the backup would not pick up the virtual file systems off the
physical name. You would create a virtual client name and specify the
clustered file systems. Now with Sun clustering 3.0 all shared file systems
are mounted globally. So a saveset of ALL on both physical names is backing
up all shared file systems twice. If i create the virtual name and enter the
global file systems it backs them up fully everyday because the indexes are
saved under the physical name. I hope this makes sense and any help on how
to configure the physical and virtual clients would be appreciated.

Regards,
ED COTY
Open Systems Storage Administrator
EDWARD.COTY AT AIG DOT COM