Networker

[Networker] Networker 7.0 and recycling between pools

2003-05-29 14:19:14
Subject: [Networker] Networker 7.0 and recycling between pools
From: "Neild, Jim" <Jim.Neild AT SSHA.ON DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 14:18:10 -0400
Hi, I just upgraded a 6.1.3 server to 7.0 and AS 2.1.2_04P2 to 3.0.2_24.
Within the 6.x environment I had all tapes labelled into a scratch pool
and would mark them as recyclable.  Then on this pool as well as all
others, I would set 'Recycle To Other Pools' and 'Recycle From Other
Pools' both set to yes.  This setting, coupled with Auto Media
Management on the Jukebox shared tapes pretty flawlessy.  If a pool had
tapes that expired, they would be relabelled into another pool requiring
tapes for a job.

Now, like I mentioned above, I upgraded my 6.1.3 server to 7.0 and
settings are the same, however, when a pool requires tapes and
recyclable tapes are available within it's own pool or in another, it
does not automatically pull the tapes and relabel them into its own
pool.  It puts the following message in the Messages window "Suggest
Manually Labelling a new writeable volume for Pool X'.

Any ideas?!

Cheers,
Jim