Networker

Re: [Networker] How to set "rewind/unload timeout"

2003-05-21 09:30:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to set "rewind/unload timeout"
From: Johan Pålsson <johan AT OVIKSREPRO DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 15:31:39 +0200
Hrvoje Crvelin wrote:
Please talk again to STK.  I seen that issue and STK was involved as
well (hm, also LTO).  The issue was that it took too much to rewind
the drive and library itself had some internal timeout.  That was the
caused of the problem.

Ok, thank you for your answer.

It may be so, we have had whe library replaced once and when i check our
recorded logs from the replaced unit it do not show any rewind problems.

The current unit has a newer firmware then the one we replaced so it is
possible also that the older firmware in the replaced unit did not log
that type of events.

However, i will ask Storagetek about it.

With best regards

/Johan