Networker

[Networker] Networker 7 Powermonitor under W2K

2003-05-21 09:17:45
Subject: [Networker] Networker 7 Powermonitor under W2K
From: Bokkelkamp Ernst <ernst.bokkelkamp AT SIEMENS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 15:16:45 +0200
In installed Networker 7 client on my notebook. When I look at the service
description is states:

"Works with the energy-saving features of Windows to keep NetWorker components
running properly during power-saving modes. It may be disabled if not needed."

Yesterday I closed the lid to put the notebook in standby mode and put the
machine in my bag. About 30 minutes later I found a very hot notebook running
at full power because it had not gone into standy by. The normal functionality
returned after I disabled the Networker Power Monitor.

Now I really ask myself if there isn't a bug in the description, shouldn't this
read:

"Works with the energy-saving features of Windows to keep the machine running
properly by ignoring power-saving modes. It may be disabled if not needed. " ?

It must be noted that in 6.1.3 a popup message would appear to warn about the
consequences of going into standy, with 7 no such message appears.
Administrators using notebooks be aware of this battery depleting service.

Bye
Ernie