Networker

Re: [Networker] List files on tapes?

2003-04-29 21:24:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] List files on tapes?
From: Byron Servies <bservies AT PACANG DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 18:24:25 -0700
On April 29, 2003 at 17:47, Tom Webster wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know this has most likely been asked, but I can't seem to query the
> archives, so here goes:
>
> I need to be able to search for some files that may or may not have
> been on our servers.  Of course, this would have been a couple of
> years ago and the user isn't real sure what the filename would have
> been.

Well, if they are still in your indexes, look up the nsrinfo command
and grep for patterns that may match your users' request.  If not,
then you will need to scan old tapes into the index and try again.

Otherwise, what you listed is a reasonable way to get the information.

> What I need:
>
> 1. Some way to get file listings from multiple backups on multiple
>    tapes.  The tapes are still in the media index, but the data is
>    no longer in the file index.

nsrinfo is the tool for you here.  It will list all files for a
particular client in comma-separated fields.

hth,

Byron