Networker

[Networker] Cloning Problems

2003-03-27 08:18:46
Subject: [Networker] Cloning Problems
From: "Mcandrews, Carleen M NAVSAFECEN" <carleen.mcandrews AT NAVY DOT MIL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 08:08:43 -0500
        We are using Solstice Backup 6.1.2 Build.340. We are using it for
back-up/recovery of Informix Databases and Solaris o/s file systems. Last fall
we upgraded our tape library to Sun StorEdge L9 autoloaders.  We then started
to share the default clone pool for cloning both the database savesets and the
o/s  filesystems (prior to that we had separate pools defined for each).

        All was working well until the begining of March. On the database side,
we have always had cloning to automatically follow the production back-up once
a week. On the o/s side, our filesystems are cloned with a shell script,
utilizing the nsrclone command.

        Recently the clones seem to be "confused'. Backups are still working
fine. But the cloning afterwards keeps calling for old, irrelevant volumes.
Either it's asking for volumes with old savesets that it wants to clone, or it
prompts for old clone tapes to be mounted when there are clone tapes already
mounted and ready to be written to.

What are we overlooking here? Why would cloning suddenly stop working
correctly? Any ideas?

Carleen McAndrews
Database Administrator
Naval Safety Center
757-444-3520  X(7050)
mailto:carleen.mcandrews AT navy DOT mil