Networker

[Networker] which client files in a saveset

2003-03-26 10:54:39
Subject: [Networker] which client files in a saveset
From: Kevin Maguire <kmaguire AT ESO DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 16:54:31 +0100
Hi

Is there a {easy|hard} way to find out which client files are included
in a particular saveset.  The only time I recall seeing a
'file-by-file' breakdown was once when I had to run scanner - is that
the only way?

I am led to this question via the following route.  My server/jukebox
had some 'issues' which the engineeer said were due to bad media.  To
check he wanted that I try to restore some data from a particular
volume, but since all it contained were incremental backups I dont
know what files to ask for a restore - obviously I only wanted a quick
test (can you find and restrore file X on ssid Y on volume Z)

I am curious to the answer to my initial question, but is there a
batter way to 'verify' a saveset/volume/....?

I am running Solstice Backup 6.0.3.

Cheers,
Kevin