Networker

Re: [Networker] Storage Nodes, and Clients

2003-03-12 08:09:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] Storage Nodes, and Clients
From: Chris Madden <maddenca AT MYREALBOX DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:11:59 +0100
Just so you understand, the "storage nodes" field of each client is an
ordered list.  If the first storage node can accept the client stream
(meaning at least one drive is up/writable, pool desired is mountable on
that storage node, etc) it will go there regardless of the processing that
is occuring on other storage nodes.  Try changing the order of the "storage
nodes" attribute for your nsr_client entries and see if that brings the
other storage node into service.  Since you have two jukeboxes there may
also be some benefits to separating streams in some other way (such as
sending fulls to one jukebox and incrs to the other) to simplify operational
aspects.  This sort of thing can be accomplished by editing the "devices"
list of a pool to limit what devices (and hence storage nodes if you set it
correctly) will work for a given save.  I also believe you'll need to update
the serverlist on each client so that this new storage node is trusted.

Good luck!
-Chris