Networker

[Networker] how to know what was supposed to have run during last day

2002-12-31 10:31:20
Subject: [Networker] how to know what was supposed to have run during last day
From: Jim Lane <JLane AT TORONTOHYDRO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 10:31:40 -0500
Hi, All

I'm trying to write a script that could be run daily to report on what
Networker has done during the past 24 hours and compare that to what
should have been done, IE. what filesystems would have been backed up if
all the scheduled groups had run 100%. the first part is fairly easy.
I've got a little Perl script that parses the output of mminfo, sorting
it in order and improving the format a little. I'm not sure how to
proceed with the second part. how can a script know everything that was
scheduled to have been done by Networker? the UNIX GUI has a function
called "preview" under group control that's probably something like what
I want. it lists out what a group will do the next time it runs. I'm not
sure if there's a way to get this information from the command line. has
anybody done anything like this? is there another, simpler way to get at
the information I'm looking for here? what I want is a script that can
be given to Operations where they can run it and flag cases where things
don't get backed up by Networker when they should have been.

TIA

Jim Lane
Sr. Technical Consultant
Network Services