Networker

Re: [Networker] Can't connect to media database errors?

2002-10-02 18:57:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] Can't connect to media database errors?
From: Duncan Boccio <dboccio AT INCYTE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 15:35:09 -0700
I've seen this when networker is trying to start a save and
a bootstrap is running. The bootstrap locks down the media
database and when a backup tries to start it can't connect to
the media database. Also, an nsrim process will sometimes
check the media database automatically after a  savegroup completion
if one hasn't run for a certain period of time (I'm not sure what the
criteria is for running the nsrim but the file /nsr/mm/nsrim.prv
has something to do with it). I think that if this nsrim proc is runninng
when a backup tries to start will cause the backup to fail with the
messages you see below.

I'd check the daemon.log for anything like a bootstrap or the
media database compressing that might be locking down
the media database when the backup starts.

Duncan