Networker

Re: [Networker] Can't connect to media database errors?

2002-10-03 10:36:28
Subject: Re: [Networker] Can't connect to media database errors?
From: Bob Schuknecht <Bob_Schuknecht AT HILTON DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 09:36:21 -0500
Duncan,

We've also encountered these errors and it had to do with Networker's
once-a-day
running of nsrck -MX. We are running version 6.0.2.

We have about 180 clients defined on the backup server and when Networker
starts
this many concurrent nsrcks' our Compaq DL580 virtually does nothing else
but run these
checks. Any saves that are running typically display messages like you
documented concerning
the media database being unavailable.

We found two files in /nsr/mm named cmprssd and nsrim.prv. Both of these are
zero byte files
but their creating time dictates when Networker will run these checks.

To eliminate the contention problems between saves and the nsrcks we removed
those two
files and then re-created them at a time when the backup server is not doing
anything.

Bob Schuknecht