Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restores very slow while selecting files

2017-04-13 05:23:50
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restores very slow while selecting files
From: Tom Yates <madlists AT teaparty DOT net>
To: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 10:22:32 +0100 (BST)
On Wed, 12 Apr 2017, Martin Simmons wrote:

> Does that file tree have a lot of hard links (I think the add command only
> makes those queries for hard links)?  If so, then using Bacula 7 might help
> (see "restore optimizespeed" in
> http://www.bacula.org/downloads/Bacula-7.4.0/ReleaseNotes).

That might well be it.  "find . -type f -links +1" says that, of the ten
million or so files in that tree, around a million have more than one
hard link (some have several hundred, don't ask me why).

If the client will permit it, I'll investigate "restore optimizespeed" and
report back.  Thank you!

   Tom Yates
   Cambridge, UK.