Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Jobs don't remain on schedule

2017-03-31 19:29:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Jobs don't remain on schedule
From: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
To: Craig Shiroma <shiroma.craig.2 AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 17:28:53 -0600
On 03/31/2017 02:39 PM, Craig Shiroma wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> Hmmm, I know I didn't touch the fileset(s) and I have IgnoreFilesetChanges set
> to "yes" on these filesets.  The FileSet date on one of the jobs is
> "2015-10-10 18:00:12".
>
> Here are some configs for one of the problem jobs:
> Pool {
>     Name = server_shortname
>     Storage = server_shortname
>     Pool Type = Backup
>     Recycle = yes
>     Recycle Oldest Volume = yes
>     AutoPrune = no
>     Volume Retention = 15 days
>     Maximum Volumes = 16
>     Volume Use Duration = 23h
>     Label Format = "${Client}-${JobId}-vol"
> }
>
> Client {
>     Name = server_shortname
>     Address = server_fqdn
>     FD Port = 9102
>     Password = "some-password"
>     Catalog = MyCatalog
>     File Retention = 15 days
>     Job Retention =  15 days
>     AutoPrune = no
> }
>
> Job {
>     Name = server_shortname
>     Client = server_shortname
>     Enabled = yes
>     Type = Backup
>     Schedule = WeeklyFullOnFriRunFirst
>     FileSet = Windows_E_NoCompression_FileSet
>     Max Full Interval = 6 days
>     Pool = server_shortname
>     Messages = Standard
>     Write Bootstrap = "/var/spool/bacula/server_shortname.bsr"
>     Priority = 10
>     Reschedule On Error = yes
>     Reschedule Interval = 1 hour
>     Reschedule Times = 3
>     Cancel Lower Level Duplicates = yes
>     Allow Duplicate Jobs = no
>     Spool Attributes = yes
>     Accurate = yes
> }
>
> Thanks for the help!
> Craig

Hi Craig,

To me it looks possible that the "Max Full Interval" in your job resource
might be the culprit here. It seems a bit short to me if you are running a
Full weekly.

Take a look at the output of:

* list job=server_shortname    (substitute the correct job here)

See if a recent previous one has failed, or was cancelled, etc. Actually, even
check to see when the last Full was run. If it was more than 6 days, then this
"Max Full Interval" will trigger the automatic upgrade to Full.

Have a great weekend!

Bill

--
Bill Arlofski