Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Running 2 backup jobs simultaneously

2017-03-08 13:34:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Running 2 backup jobs simultaneously
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Jan Stefanovic <jstefanovic AT tantalus DOT com>, Wanderlei Huttel <wanderleihuttel AT gmail DOT com>, Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 19:33:10 +0100
Hello Jan,

No, just setting the maximum concurrent jobs will not start any jobs.

It is either you manually, with the bconsole run command, or more commonly the Schedule for your Job(s) that will determine when a job starts.  Basically just setup a Schedule where two jobs start either at the same time or within a few minutes of each other.

By the way, the older versions did not have Maximum Concurrent Jobs set to a big number because it was not in the initial feature set, but any current version such as 7.4.x will have default values that are somewhere between 20 and 100.

Normally a job, even a full, should run in a few hours.  If you find any that are taking more than about 10 hours, you have probably done something wrong or have a *very* big filesystem (probably more than 20 Million files).

Good luck,
Kern