Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] volume diff question / manual issue

2017-02-06 11:25:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] volume diff question / manual issue
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Olaf Zevenboom <olaf AT artefact DOT nl>, "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 17:24:11 +0100
The manual tends being so large tends to be somewhat out of date. If you
are using 5.0.2, you really should look at the 5.0.2 documentation (it
may not be online). The next best is to use the most recent
documentation for version 7.4.

There is currently no direct mechanism to compare two Volumes --
personally, I have never found a use or need for it.

If I wanted to compare two Volumes, providing they were mostly similar,
I would probably use some form of bls rather than bscan -- I am not even
sure if bscan will provide the kind of information you probably want as
it was designed to read the Volume and put the information into the
Catalog rather than display it.

Best regards,
Kern