Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] volume diff question / manual issue

2017-02-06 10:01:42
Subject: [Bacula-users] volume diff question / manual issue
From: Olaf Zevenboom <olaf AT artefact DOT nl>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 15:43:47 +0100
Goal: Compare two volumes.

Reason: suddenly volumes which should be more or less equal in size
start to differ by 80% growth. I want to find out why.

I am using diskbased backup so a compare from a physical volume to a
catalog would also be fine.

When looking at the documentation I noticed that a certain paragraph
seems never to have been updated: paragraph 1.7.1. in for instance
http://www.bacula.org/7.2.x-manuals/en/utility/utility.pdf

My questions are:
1) is indeed bscan without -m and -s options the way to go?
2) the docs state that this comparison method is not 100% reliable with
the current version (1.26 (!)). What about the real current version? (or
actually in my case: version 5.0.2 )

believed to be clean.