Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Copy job with PoolUncopiedJobs

2015-10-31 11:35:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Copy job with PoolUncopiedJobs
From: Ana Emília M. Arruda <emiliaarruda AT gmail DOT com>
To: Jerry Lowry <michaiah2007 AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 12:31:01 -0300
Hello Jerry,

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 6:38 PM, Jerry Lowry <michaiah2007 AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
Hi,

Centos 5.11 64bit OS
Bacula 5.2.6 on all directors and clients

I have run across a problem with one of my copy jobs.  The job is setup with the PoolUncopiedJobs parameter.  The jobs are failing with the following:
30-Oct 11:05 distress JobId 28325: Error: block.c:291 Volume data error at 3:87310201! Wanted ID: "BB02", got "Í". Buffer discarded.
(not all of them get the same "got....")
I can understand the error because I had problems with the backup disks during the date it is trying to copy.

​It seems your volumes became unusable by bacula because of the problems with your backup disks. You can always try bls/bextract to recover the data stored in these volumes. Have you already recovered these data? Could these volumes be deleted? If you're getting BB02 error, IMHO It would be a good idea to delete them (phisically and from catalog). This way you will not have volumes in error in your catalog.

There is a script (https://www.mail-archive.com/bacula-users%40lists.sourceforge.net/msg60597/checkVolLabel.sh) that helped once in finding the volumes in error and maybe this could help in finding the ones to delete.

Doing this, all the jobs and files associated to these corrupted volumes will be deleted from your catalog and your copy jobs will not try to retrieve data from them.

Question is,  How can I get around these bad backups to the date where the disks were functioning properly and get them copied to my offsite disk?

thanks for the pointers.

​Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Ana​