Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] innodb_autoinc_lock_mode

2015-10-23 14:48:37
Subject: [Bacula-users] innodb_autoinc_lock_mode
From: Craig Shiroma <shiroma.craig.2 AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 08:47:16 -1000
Hello,

We are experiencing database performance problems with locks occurring.  We think it is because jobs that require a huge amount of inserts is holding on to innodb_autoinc.  We are thinking of changing the following to see if it helps.

innodb_autoinc_lock_mode = 1

to:

innodb_autoinc_lock_mode = 2

I think the change causes a problem with database replication.  However, we currently are not doing DB replication so we don't think that will be a problem.  Does anyone know if this change will cause other problems?

Thanks,
-craig