Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Cleanup removed jobs from storrage

2015-10-23 09:31:09
Subject: [Bacula-users] Cleanup removed jobs from storrage
From: Jonas Meier <jmeier AT futurelab DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 15:26:36 +0200
Hi All

We have Bacula 5.2.6 running on Debian Jessie. As a device back end we use a simple ext4 file system (Media Type = File). A few months ago we removed much servers. At this time I don't really know how Bacula works and just removed the jobs and client configurations from bacula-dir.conf and restarted the daemons.

Now the servers runs out of space and I discovered, that my removal didn't freed any space on the filesystem. Same in the mysql database, when I run "select distinct(name) from Job;", all old jobs are included. Now I search a way to clean-up the stuff on the filesystem and the database. I recovered the old bacula-dir configuration from git and tried to purge one of the old job over bacula-console, but it stops with "No Files found for client NameOfServer to purge from MyCatalog catalog."

Is there a tool or command to clean up something like that?

Thanks, Jonas