Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] 7.2 mysql issue?

2015-10-14 10:39:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] 7.2 mysql issue?
From: Stephen Thompson <stephen AT seismo.berkeley DOT edu>
To: Alex Domoradov <alex.hha AT gmail DOT com>, Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>, bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 07:35:08 -0700

Yes, we've tuned the database a number of times and believe it's the
best we can do.

On 10/14/15 3:17 AM, Alex Domoradov wrote:
> The same thing as for me. I'm trying do not use mysql shipped with
> CentOS 6 and replace it with Percona 5.5/5.6 whenever it's possible
>
> 2 Stephen
> Have you tried to run mysqltunner?
>

>     On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 07:33:46AM -0700, Stephen Thompson wrote:
>     >
>     > update...
>     >
>     > After adding more RAM, we are back to getting a about 3 queries a day
>     > that run longer than 15 minutes.  This was our norm before upgrading.
>     > No job errors since the first couple days from this month (Oct).  Not
>     > sure if the reduction in long running queries was actually from
>     > additional RAM or not, since last week before adding RAM, the number of
>     > long running queries per day had already greatly diminished since
>     > beginning of month.
>     >
>     > So, I guess, problem solved for now, though I'm not completely confident
>     > about what actually happened or if I did anything to fix it.
>     > Oh, well.
>     >
>     > Stephen
>
>     Hi Stephen,
>
>     you might also try giving MariaDB a shot which has been performing
>     fine as a drop-in mysql replacement for us for the last few years with
>     catalogs of similar size.
>
>     Cheers, Uwe

Stephen Thompson               Berkeley Seismological Laboratory
stephen AT seismo.berkeley DOT edu    215 McCone Hall #4760
Office: 510.664.9177           University of California, Berkeley
Remote: 510.214.6506 (Tue,Wed) Berkeley, CA 94720-4760