Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] 7.2 mysql issue?

2015-10-14 06:22:49
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] 7.2 mysql issue?
From: Alex Domoradov <alex.hha AT gmail DOT com>
To: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>, Stephen Thompson <stephen AT seismo.berkeley DOT edu>, bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 13:17:50 +0300
The same thing as for me. I'm trying do not use mysql shipped with CentOS 6 and replace it with Percona 5.5/5.6 whenever it's possible

2 Stephen
Have you tried to run mysqltunner?

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 07:33:46AM -0700, Stephen Thompson wrote:

> update...
>
> After adding more RAM, we are back to getting a about 3 queries a day
> that run longer than 15 minutes.  This was our norm before upgrading.
> No job errors since the first couple days from this month (Oct).  Not
> sure if the reduction in long running queries was actually from
> additional RAM or not, since last week before adding RAM, the number of
> long running queries per day had already greatly diminished since
> beginning of month.
>
> So, I guess, problem solved for now, though I'm not completely confident
> about what actually happened or if I did anything to fix it.
> Oh, well.
>
> Stephen

Hi Stephen,

you might also try giving MariaDB a shot which has been performing
fine as a drop-in mysql replacement for us for the last few years with
catalogs of similar size.

Cheers, Uwe