Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] new bacula install - keyboard scroll question

2015-10-12 00:22:57
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] new bacula install - keyboard scroll question
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: Randy Katz <rkatz AT simplicityhosting DOT com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 01:18:41 -0300 (BRT)
> Hi,
>
> I have several Bacula directors running. When I go into bconsole
> and issue a command and then push up arrow it scrolls to the previous
> command, as it should. I just setup a new Bacula server, same version
> bacula-7.2.0 and same ./configure --with-mysql command and this
> one does not scroll. I have verified scrolling is working at the OS level.
> Is there anything in the conf files that could/would affect this?

Hello Randy: installing libreadline6-dev (or the equivalent) and building
binaries with the following options: [--with-readline=/usr/include/readline
--disable-conio] should do the trick => http://bacula.us/compilation/
Besides history you will also have cleaning screen (ctrl+l) and
reverse-i-search (ctrl+r) capabilities.

> Best regards,
> Randy Katz

Regards,
Heitor Medrado de Faria - LPIC-III | ITIL-F | Bacula Systems Certified
Administrator II
Do you need Bacula training?
https://www.udemy.com/bacula-backup-software/?couponCode=bacula-list
I do Bacula training and deploy in any city of the world. More information:
http://bacula.us/
+55 61 8268-4220
Site: http://bacula.us FB: heitor.faria