Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] managing offsite tapes - How do *you* do it?

2015-05-07 17:08:38
Subject: [Bacula-users] managing offsite tapes - How do *you* do it?
From: Robert A Threet <robert3t AT netzero DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 16:05:29 -0500
On my old Netbackup system, I had enough time to run a full backup on Saturday,
then I'd run a full backup on Sunday which I would use for all the incrementals
& restores during the week.  The Saturday tapes would be pulled Monday & sent
offsite.

I like the default Bacula setup for Monthly Fulls, Weekly Diffs & daily
incrementals.  I have a lot more systems to back up and I can see I won't have
time to do things the way I did. However, I still want to pull tapes and send
some offsite.

How are you guys doing this?  Do you create Pools and send certain tapes
offsite, etc?

Also, specifically, how do kick tapes out of a Dell TL4000?  Do you unmount the
tapes in Bacula and then just use MTX commands?  I haven't seen anything
covering this in anything online or in any of the books.

--
Robert A Threet <robert3t AT netzero DOT net>
Forget the iPhone 6