Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restoring to different host

2015-05-01 10:43:42
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restoring to different host
From: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 01 May 2015 09:38:57 -0500
On 2015-05-01 08:14, Josh Fisher wrote:

... The
> crux of the issue is that a backup app like Bacula is anti-SELinux by
> nature, since it must have read/write access to every single file on the
> system.

The crux of the issue is that selinux is based on "everything is
forbidden except what's explicitly permitted" security model. Which is
only acceptable if you like living in a straightjacket.

Dan Walsh must be a sobbing wreck by now just from the number of times I
typed "yum rm selinux-policy". (And I bet he has a seizure every time
someone installs a debian-derived distro.)

Dimitri