Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] SQLite

2015-04-30 10:35:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] SQLite
From: Matt Ivie <matt.ivie AT bonntran DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 08:34:08 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: C M Reinehr <cmr AT amsent DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 10:04:15 -0500
Mailer: KMail/1.13.7 (Linux/3.2.0-4-amd64; KDE/4.8.4; x86_64; ; )

On Wednesday, April 29, 2015 08:58:40 AM Matt Ivie wrote:

> [...]

the

> more files that get put into the tables the more possibility for

> corruption?

> Any input on the topic is appreciated.

Matt,

I've been using SQLite for as long as I have used Bacula, perhaps
fourteen or fifteen years and have had zero problems. I have a small
operation with ten or twelve PC's (running Debian stable) and a couple
of servers. Disk backups are run nightly and a tape backup weekly. I've
read all the recommendations to run Postgres or MySQL but my philosophy
has been "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" and just keep running
SQLite. It's easy to set up & manage, performance has not been a problem
and it doesn't tie up a lot of system resources.

Cheers!

CMR

--

Debian "Wheezy" Registered Linux User #241964

----

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes
here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he
shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an
outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or
birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in
very fact an American, and nothing but an American." -- Theodore
Roosevelt

------

Thanks CMR for the information. I'm glad to hear of a real world
experience like this because it really is the proof that makes all the
difference. I agree with you, if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Matt