Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] SQLite

2015-04-29 10:04:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] SQLite
From: Matt Ivie <matt.ivie AT bonntran DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 07:58:40 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Ivie <matt.ivie AT bonntran DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Subject: [Bacula-users] SQLite
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 09:17:11 -0600
Mailer: Evolution 3.2.3-0ubuntu6+6.0trisquel1

I saw a note in the Bacula documentation stating that some users were
reporting database corruption problems when using SQLite. I also saw a
thread on the mailing list from a couple of years ago where one user
wanted to know if he would be better off using Postgresql

One user stated he had great luck using SQLite and another simply said
he recommended Postgres. I don't want to run a full blown database if I
don't need to as my backup needs are not really complicated. I would
like to use SQLite but if stability is a problem I'll have to rethink
the situation and go with MySQL or Postgres.

Does anyone here have experience with using SQLite?

Is there anyone with any experience on this issue?

For a little more background I'm going to be doing backups on machines
with anywhere from 30GB to 230GB of storage used. I'm guessing that the
more files that get put into the tables the more possibility for
corruption?

Any input on the topic is appreciated.