Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] List files in a volume

2015-04-21 18:41:29
Subject: [Bacula-users] List files in a volume
From: bdam <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 15:37:58 -0700
I have the need to restore some CCTV data which was recorded in July 2014. The
volume names are all right there in the pool, and I know the target date I'm
looking for since its part of the filename. I just don't know which volume it's
in. So an "ls" listing would identify it instantly. There are about a dozen
tapes in the pool.  I saw the bls comand and that would probably work, I'd just
stick each tape in sequentially till I saw the volume containing the data. But
why does it need the tape? I know the volume names, can't I just do this "ls"
for each one from the console without changing tapes? It would be far quicker
to find the files I needed and it means I can do this search without
interfering with the daily backups which are using the same drive. By the way,
the CCTV isn't on 100% of the time, so having said that the files might not be
present and/or the filenames not exact, hence the need to browse the volumes.
Thanks.