Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Newbie Bacula Questions

2015-04-16 16:11:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Newbie Bacula Questions
From: Josip Deanovic <djosip+news AT linuxpages DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 22:09:21 +0200
Quoting message written on Thursday 2015-04-16 09:44:37:
> Hello,
>
> I just started using Bacula.  I apologize if the below questions have
> been asked and answered before.
>
> If a backup job is canceled, when the job starts the next day, does it
> continue where it left off or does Bacula start the backup from the
> beginning?

When you run a job it will do what it has been configured to do.
It will not continue from where previous job has stopped.

It is worth to say that there exist an option "Rerun Failed Levels" which
detects if a previous job with a higher has level failed and in such case
the job would be upgraded to the failed job level.

> When compression is used, is the compression done on the client side or
> the server side?

It is performed on the client side.
Check this post for a better comment on the subject:

https://www.mail-archive.com/bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT
net/msg11785.html

--
Josip Deanovic