Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Configuring LTO-6 SD...

2015-04-13 09:20:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Configuring LTO-6 SD...
From: "Clark, Patricia A." <clarkpa AT ornl DOT gov>
To: "Gary R, Schmidt" <grs AT mcleod-schmidt.id DOT au>, "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 13:18:16 +0000
Gary,

First it's not a disk so change
RandomAccess = no

The largest setting for block size is 2M
  Maximum Block Size = 2M

The setting for "Maximum File Size" controls the EOF marks on the tape.
Each of these is a record in the bacula database which works with
positioning the tape for recovery operations.  Your 5GB may be fine -
testing may prove that another setting is best.  The tape does stop to
make the mark.

You may also want to take a look at the "Maximum Network Buffer Size" -
32K is the min, but the value depends on what and where your clients and
network are.  You may have already worked with this to come up with your
setting.

I don't see any indication of using spooling, you may have those settings
elsewhere.  This should almost always be done with tape.

Patti Clark
Linux System Administrator
R&D Systems Support Oak Ridge National Laboratory