Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-users replyTo address

2015-04-10 02:52:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-users replyTo address
From: Luc Van der Veken <lucvdv AT wimionline DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 06:33:36 +0000

Even with a mail client that doesn’t have a ‘Reply to list’, it seems (to me) quite logical as it is now.

“Reply” is private, to the author only. “Reply to all” is public, to the list.

Exactly the same as it would be in a ‘normal’ mail conversation with some CC’s.

It’s up to you if you leave the author explicitly included in a ‘reply to all’, or remove his address so he doesn’t receive two copies. I tend to treat that on a case to case basis, depending on whether it’s a direct reply to something he said or one more to the discussion in general.

But everyone is entitled to his opinion. I guess that’s what all those flame wars were once about, or were those limited to usenet only? ;)