Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Disabling compression on a path / file extension basis?

2014-11-27 14:33:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Disabling compression on a path / file extension basis?
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>, "Ana Emília M. Arruda" <emiliaarruda AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 20:31:00 +0100
Hello,

I don't want to comment on the details of the FileSets as what you guys
(and gal) are talking about is a bit complicated.

However, I can re-assure you that Bacula walks the directory tree only
once.  Once it has found a file, it then walks down all the Include and
Option blocks, so if you have multiple Options and/or multiple Includes,
it will go through a bit more code, but I suspect that the extra
overhead is negligible compared to the time to find each file ...

Best regards,
Kern