Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] is not a Bacula labeled Volume, because: ERR=block.c:1023 Re

2014-11-06 13:13:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] is not a Bacula labeled Volume, because: ERR=block.c:1023 Re
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 19:11:49 +0100
Someone wrote an end of file on the beginning of the Volume,  you
probably should see if there are multiple files on that tape.  If so,
you may be able to recover some valid data after the tape end of file,
but this is generally tricky and time consuming.

btape has commands that will allow you to scan the tape to see what is
on it.  However, be careful.  It is also easy to write on the tape with
btape.  Better set the read-only tab before referencing it.

Best regards,
Kern