Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Cannot find any appendable volumes - but has plenty of unused volumes

2014-09-22 10:22:47
Subject: [Bacula-users] Cannot find any appendable volumes - but has plenty of unused volumes
From: Hans Schou <hans AT moc DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 15:51:39 +0200
Hi

bacula Version: 7.0.4

I get this message "Cannot find any appendable volumes" in my file based
storage. After adding a label and running a job it writes:

22-Sep 14:27 bohr-dir JobId 93031: Begin pruning Jobs older than 6 months .
22-Sep 14:27 bohr-dir JobId 93031: No Jobs found to prune.
22-Sep 14:27 bohr-dir JobId 93031: Begin pruning Files.
22-Sep 14:27 bohr-dir JobId 93031: No Files found to prune.

(why does it says 6 months?)

In the Pool I have:

Recycle = yes
AutoPrune = yes
Maximum Volume Bytes = 5368709120
Volume Retention = 2 weeks
Maximum Volumes = 1520
#Recycle Oldest Volume = yes
#Action On Purge = Truncate

I tried to add the last two options but it did not change anything.

I have also manually tried to prune, purge and delete unused volumes
without success.

When I look for volumes whic should not be in use I have plenty:
# mysql bacula -e "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM Media WHERE PoolId=3 AND MediaId
NOT IN (SELECT MediaId FROM JobMedia);"
+----------+
| COUNT(*) |
| 328 |
Is that query wrong?

I am beginning to have too little disk space left so I cannot just keep
adding volumes.

Any help much appreciated.

--
venlig hilsen