Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Mac OSX 10.8 and above support

2014-09-18 15:21:56
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Mac OSX 10.8 and above support
From: Frank Schima <mf2k AT macports DOT org>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 13:05:49 -0600
On Sep 18, 2014, at 12:01 PM, bwellsnc <bwellsnc AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

> Hey everyone, I am trying to see if anyone has done work on the platforms/osx
> code base.  I am wanting to build a dmg client so I can distribute it within
> my network.  The problem is, it looks like it has been built for 10.4 which
> will not work since this is still PPC code.  I have tried to get it to build
> on 10.8 and above but with no luck.  I do not want to use MacPorts since this
> means I have to install MacPorts on all of my machines as well.  If anyone
> can help, I would appreciate it.  Thanks!

You can create your own package installer with Macports which does not require
the target to have Macports installed. See the guide for more information and
instructions on how to accomplish this.

<https://guide.macports.org/#using.binaries.binary-packages>

FWIW, I maintain Macports on ~50 Macs at work to get bacula and other useful
software like python-matplotlib.

Cheers!
Frank