Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to handle many storage devices?

2014-09-18 02:07:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to handle many storage devices?
From: Florian <florian.splett AT web DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 08:00:20 +0200
Am 17.09.2014 um 21:02 schrieb J. Echter:
> Am 17.09.2014 14:24, schrieb Florian:
>> Hello, everyone.
>>
>> Now that I am finally done with testing bacula, I am setting it up for 5
>> clients.
>> For each client I have a folder in which I want to store its Volumes.
>>
>> During the tests, I used an Autochanger in the storage daemon.
>> Considering the different storage locations, do I need two devices for
>> each client? (backup and restore)
>> Also, is there is a reason to use more than one Autochanger?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Florian S.
> Hi,
>
> i personally would backup to one volume (depends on the size of all clients)
>
> Also no autochanger is needed. If you specify the volumes / sd's you
> would be fine. imho.
>
> cheers.

Hello.

I have a few reasons to go with seperate Volumes for each client, but
that's not too important. I use an autochanger for the possibility of
switching volumes automatically and processing multiple jobs at once.
Well, I doubt I need more than one Autochanger, but what I am still
unsure about is the devices for restore jobs. I was told that with a
second device I can make sure that restore is possible at any time, but
does it also mean I need one such device for each archive path?

Regards,

Florian