Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] RunBeforeJob Timeout

2014-09-17 13:55:48
Subject: [Bacula-users] RunBeforeJob Timeout
From: jimmyjamessmith12 <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 10:52:29 -0700
<quote>Jimmy,

 I believe there is no timeout for the (Client)RunBeforeJob directive.
 Probably you are receiving a time out from the command you sent to Mysql, so
this is the origin of this message and of the script error termination.
</quote>

Thanks for the quick reply.  (feeling embarrassed)

Yes, you are correct, this is a "service mysqld stop" timeout, not the
RunBeforeJob.

For those of you out there also having a tough day/week...  for most MySQL
installations the service start and stop timeouts can be adjusted in
/etc/sysconfig/mysqld

default configuration appears to be as follows:

# Configuration file for the mysqld service.

# Server timeout during service start
STARTTIMEOUT=120

# Server timeout during service stop
STOPTIMEOUT=60

# Other options to pass to the server (p.e. --federated)
MYOPTIONS=

Thanks to all who participate in the Backup Central Forums!

This is a great forum.  The answers to many of my previous questions have been
answered just by searching these forums.

Such a great community!

James