Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] RunBeforeJob Timeout

2014-09-17 12:27:41
Subject: [Bacula-users] RunBeforeJob Timeout
From: jimmyjamessmith12 <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 08:09:58 -0700
Hi All.

My apologies if this has been asked before, however my searches did not find
any posts regarding this question.

I have a backup job that backups up a MySQL database.  At the start of the job
there is a RunBeforeJob that stops MySQL.  Sometime its takes a while for MySQL
to stop and lately the RunBeforeJob has been timing out before MySQL actually
stops.

It appears that the RunBeforeJob runs for about 2 minutes before it times out
and closes the connection at which point the backup job proceeds to attempt to
backup MySQL anyways.

Is there a way that one can adjust or set the timeout of the RunBeforeJob so
that MySQL has enough time to shutdown properly before the backup process is
started?

If this has been discussed before, if you could point me in the right direction
rather than duplicating the details, that would be great!

Thanks in advance!

James