Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula writing in wrong volumes

2014-09-15 07:55:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula writing in wrong volumes
From: Gean Michel Ceretta <engenharia_gean AT inobram.com DOT br>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 08:53:17 -0300
Hi Ana,

Em Sex, 2014-09-12 às 23:10 -0300, Ana Emília M. Arruda escreveu:
> ... You can try to put a Run Script directive on job definition like
> this:
> RunScript {
>     RunsWhen = After
>     RunsOnFailure = yes
>     Command = "/path/myscript.sh"
> }
> And you could do some kind of shell script that could look for and delete the
> volume created and not used by your job. This way Bacula should create a new
> volume for the next job.
> Sorry I didn't had time for thinking about the script, but here is my idea
> for solving this situation.

Thanks. Excelent idea Ana, in that way I can write a scrit that deletes
the volume if the size is small (an empty one).

I'll let my configuration of an volume per day with all backups from all
services, that I posted before, to complete a cycle. If that works well,
I'll keep that way, if not, I'll follow your suggestion.

Best regards,
Gean