Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula writing in wrong volumes

2014-09-12 22:32:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula writing in wrong volumes
From: Ana Emília M. Arruda <emiliaarruda AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 23:10:57 -0300
Hi Gean,

Just an idea... Maybe it should work and do what you want. You can try to put a Run Script directive on job definition like this:
RunScript {
    RunsWhen = After
    RunsOnFailure = yes
    Command = "/path/myscript.sh"
}
And you could do some kind of shell script that could look for and delete the volume created and not used by your job. This way Bacula should create a new volume for the next job.
Sorry I didn't had time for thinking about the script, but here is my idea for solving this situation.
Regards,
Ana

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 9:05 AM, Gean Michel Ceretta <engenharia_gean AT inobram.com DOT br> wrote:
Dear Kern,

Em Ter, 2014-09-09 às 17:21 +0200, Kern Sibbald escreveu:
>  ...If you want to clearly separate Volume by clients, jobs,  or by
> some other criteria, you probably should be using different Pools.
> Different pools are the most reliable way to ensure that only
> particular jobs, clients, ... go to a particular volume.
On my actual configuration, create a different pool for each service,
for each kind of backup, will result in 33 pools.

What I have done now is to create a volume per day, labeled with the
year, month and date, with use time of 23h, not recycling and truncate
action on purge, so the volumes purged will not use disk space. all the
backups of the day will be in the volume, something about 4 GB, and only
the Fulls will have about 300Gb.

It's not the ideal situation that I expected, but will simplify thinks,
attached are my pool configuration.

Thanks for your help, best regards.