Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restore from dead client

2014-09-06 17:54:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restore from dead client
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Kenny Noe <knoe501 AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2014 17:51:26 -0400

On Sep 5, 2014, at 5:48 PM, Kenny Noe <knoe501 AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

Birre,

Thanks for the reply.   I guess this is where I get lost...

The fifo is reading a file that was created in the pre-process called mail.tar.  The mail.tar is made from the following directories /opt/zimbra and /var/mail/zimbra.  This is where the Zimbra files and mailstore were kept.

This pre-process is a script that has this :

MailBackup.bash
#!/bin/bash

exec >/dev/null

MKDIR="/bin/mkdir"
MKFIFO="/usr/bin/mkfifo"
RM="/bin/rm"
TAR="/bin/tar"

DEFCODE=0
DUMPBASE="/data/backups"

errCode=${DEFCODE}
mailDir="/var/mail/zimbra"
zimbraDir="/opt/zimbra"

Main()
   {
   service zimbra stop

   RunMailRestore

   service zimbra start

   ExitScript ${errCode}
   }

RunMailRestore()
   {
   EXTENSION=".tar"

   dumpDir="${DUMPBASE}/mail"
   fifoDir="${dumpDir}/fifo"

   RebuildFifoDir

   ${MKFIFO} ${fifoDir}/mail${EXTENSION}

   ${TAR} -xpf ${fifoDir}/mail${EXTENSION} 2>&1 </dev/null &
   }

RebuildFifoDir()
   {
   if [ -d ${fifoDir} ]
   then
      ${RM} -rf ${fifoDir}
   fi

   ${MKDIR} -p ${fifoDir}
   }

ExitScript()
   {
   exit ${1}
   }

Main

The restore script simply does a tar xpf instead of a tar cpf.

Perhaps instead of doing that, just restore the data, and then do the tar xpf later.