Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] "Block checksum mismatch" on file storage

2014-06-30 06:14:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] "Block checksum mismatch" on file storage
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: John Stoffel <john AT stoffel DOT org>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 12:09:31 +0200
Hello,

Yes, it is clear that one can do read-only tests that do not destroy
data.  However, in this case, it seems to me more useful to do
read/write (it is actually write/read) tests as it appears that the
problem is more likely in the write ...

I have never heard of a non-destructive read/write test, which I assume
reads then rewrites the disk.  Although that is clever and could be
useful, in this case it sounds to me risky on a disk that seems to be
failing.

Best regards,
Kern