Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] How big is an Enterprise?

2014-06-29 01:16:57
Subject: [Bacula-users] How big is an Enterprise?
From: keeling AT spamcop DOT net
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 01:11:33 -0400
Hello bacula users,

I'm not talking about the starship, but I am curious about how many clients a
bacula server can reasonably support, being backed up every night.
I realise that there probably isn't a definitive answer to this question
because there are so many variables involved. But if anybody has a large
reliable installation, I am interested in getting a rough idea of the specs.

Full disclosure: I am the developer of the 'burp' backup and restore program,
which started out as a fork of bacula at the beginning of 2011. The reason
that I am asking the question is that I would like 'burp2' to be operable at
an 'enterprise' scale, and I don't have any real conception of what that is.

Thank you.